6 Tricks to Cover General Awareness for NDA Exam
The UPSC conducts the National Defense Academy (NDA)/ Naval Academy (NA) exams biannually. NDA/NA exam is a Defense entrance exam that is conducted for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA & Indian Naval Academy Course -INAC.
It is the most sought after examination in the country by young aspirants who want to serve the nation. Applications for the NDA examination increases with every passing year thus increasing the competition level of the exam. Candidates can crack the exam easily provided they have planned and strategized well for their NDA exam preparation. Further details on the NDA exam can be checked on the given link.
Aspirants while preparing, often focus on the tricky subjects like Mathematics and Reasoning first to gain accuracy and speed and keep the easy ones like General Awareness to be prepared in the last hours. This tendency leads them to score less marks, for the importance of the subject that is easy and can help fetch good marks is ignored. Hence, we have come up with some workable tips to cover up the general awareness section for NDA Examination.
How to cover the General Awareness Section of NDA Exams?
General Awareness forms an important part of the syllabus of the NDA/NA Exam. Candidates must upkeep themselves with the current events and events happening around the world. The broad topics covered in the general knowledge syllabus are- Current Awareness, Economics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Politics, Sociology, History, Geography, Environment, Defence, Awards and Honors, Sports and Culture, Books and Authors.
Given below are a few tips to prepare for the GA Section of NDA Exam-
- Daily reading habit – the most important tip is reading the newspapers daily. Going through the newspapers daily is a great source of upkeeping knowledge related to the world. Apart from getting acquainted with current affairs, reading newspapers, journals or magazines improves English language skills and vocabulary power as well. Hence, the daily newspaper which publishes all kinds of news like National, International, Business, Sports, Economics, Entertainment, etc. should be referred to. Also, read weekly magazines to stay updated about global happenings.
- Watching Television. – Watching T.V will not just help to refresh the mind from a hectic preparation schedule, but will increase your General Knowledge too. Make it a habit of watching the news every day. Watch all types of news channel broadcasts, including national and international news. This is one of the best ways to keep up to date with current affairs and know what’s happening around the globe, because what you see is what you remember for a long time.
- Gather Correct Set of Books for studying- Choosing apt study material for general awareness preparation is imperative. It must provide all the updated information regarding the general or current events. Wisely opting for the correct GK book will ultimately help you cover up and study the correct information. Remember, the General Awareness section is not just limited to static GK, it also covers important current schemes, latest discoveries and inventions, Politics, policies, Sports and awards, etc. So candidates must ensure that they look for the best general awareness books for their preparation.
- Refer Mobile Applications for assistance – Numerous applications are available for candidates to stay up to date with the latest news and updates. These applications give the latest updates every hour and candidates just need to go through the important headlines and stay updated. Candidates should download a few General Knowledge Mobile apps that they can use to read and learn on the go while doing any work simultaneously.
- Make your own Notes – the most important question is how to remember all the current events and important things for the NDA exams. It is difficult to retain all that is read in one shot while preparing for the General awareness section. Here comes the importance of making handwritten notes. Making notes while going through important events, facts, latest news, etc will help in revision during the last minute. Make notes and keep revising it on a regular basis.
- Take Online Quiz for Practice – The best way to understand whether you are updated with latest news and current affairs is to take online quizzes on General awareness. Like mobile applications for GA preparation, there are various apps available related to current affairs and GK quizzes. Regular quizzes will help learn important information better.
While these tips will help you in your General awareness prepa for National defense Academy Examination, below given are a few books that can assist you further in leading your preparation:
|General Knowledge Books for NDA/NA Exam|
Meanwhile, aspirants appearing for the upcoming NDA exams can check out the relevant details regarding NDA Admit Card on the given link.